Online Training Modules & Presentations
These self-paced online mine safety training course modules vary in length depending on the topic and provide a broad-based professional training curriculum The goal is to augment and improve the technical abilities, working knowledge, and effectiveness of safety and health professionals and trainers in their capacity to train workers at their individual operations.
Please click on the course you are interested in below.
- Cognitive Biases and Blind Spots (35 minutes)
- Diesel Particulate Matter (Interactive, ~45 minutes)
- Fitness for Duty in Mining Operations (35 minutes)
- Hazardous Noise in Mining (Interactive, ~30 minutes)
- Hazardous Particulates in Mining (Interactive, ~1 hour)
- Incorporating Games in Part 48 Training (~45 minutes)
- Introduction to Industrial Hygiene (Interactive, ~20 minutes)
- Job Hazard Analysis (35 minutes)
- Materials Handling (Interactive, ~45 minutes)
- MSHA 101 Part 1 (1 hour)
- MSHA 101 Part 2 (1 hour)
- Safety Management Systems Part 1 (1 hour)
- Safety Management Systems Part 2 (1 hour)
- Sleep: The Most Important Component of Safe Behavior (1 hour)
- Stress, Fatigue, and Your Brain (1 hour)
- Surviving Shift Work (~40 minutes)
Check back regularly for new online mine safety training modules.
These presentations are supported by the Grant or Cooperative Agreement Number, U60OH010017, funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Their contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or the Department of Health and Human Services.